Here you will find a comprehensive list of addiction treatment frequently asked questions. If you still have questions after review please contact us and we will be happy to answer your additional questions.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction FAQs
The treatment programs at The Delray Recovery Center are designed to provide a foundation for recovery and a framework for a healthy lifestyle. Our integrative treatment program, based on a five phase “step-down model”, provides a comprehensive continuum of care. The first phase is the most structured and intensive; and each phase thereafter offers more freedom. Each individual moves at his or her own speed through the different levels of the treatment process.
Physicians and therapists encourage individuals suffering from addiction to get help from qualified physicians and treatment facilities. Moreover, a medically monitored detoxification process is critical to avoid seizures, heart attacks, strokes, and even depression-related suicide during the withdrawal stages.
Admissions to The Delray Recovery Center
For more information, please contact us: 1 (561) 404-1474.
Call today to ask about your insurance provider: 1 (561) 404-1474.
Staying at our Treatment Center
Pack comfortable, lightweight, “wash and wear” casual clothing to last 7-10 days.
- Long-length Bermuda shorts, pants (casual skirts or dresses are acceptable)
- Shirts, lightweight jacket
- Exercise attire and shoes
- Bathing suits, cover-ups, pool/beach shoes
- Pajamas, robe, slippers
- Underwear and socks
- Comfortable, practical shoes
- Clothes appropriate for interviewing and looking for work, including dress pants, collared shirt, blouse and skirt or dress, work shoes (be conscious of comfort so as to not pack shoes that are not suitable for walking).
- Fancy, expensive clothing
- Dry clean only clothing
- Expensive jewelry
- Revealing clothing
- Clothing identifying any alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb/hairbrush
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Shaving kit (razor must have plastic handle and casing)
- Other personal hygiene items excluding mouth-wash, etc. with alcohol contents
- Any personal hygiene items that contain alcohol such as mouthwash, hair spray, body products, and specific shampoos. These items will be confiscated.
- Scissors and other sharp objects such as metal nail files, straight-edge razors
Medicine and Food
- Prescription medications in original, labeled containers. Prescriptions will be refilled through The Delray Recovery Center, so please do not order additional supply before arrival.
- OTC (over the counter) medicines and vitamins
- Any type of food or candy
- Medical testing devices unless you have specific permission from admissions counselor
- Alarm clock
- Reading materials (optional)
- Bedding and pillows
- Stuffed animals
- Bottle openers and Leatherman-type tools
- Lighter fluid refills
- Markers (toxic)
- iPods/MP3 players are permitted during exercise
- Cell phones, beepers, laptops, briefcases
- Electronic equipment including TVs, cameras, CDs and players, iPads, PDAs, electronic games, and similar devices
- Sports equipment
- Cards or other types of games
At The Delray Recovery Center’s transitional living facility, New Horizons, individuals are welcome to stay even after having completed the program. This allows each person time to develop confidence in their sobriety and relapse prevention techniques needed for the transition from rehabilitation to daily life in society.
In partnership with a local fitness center, we also provide gym membership for all The Delray Recovery Center guests. We provide transportation to the fitness center 4 days per week.
- Spacious Rooms with Bedding & Linens
- Satellite TV
- Fully Stocked Kitchens
- Central Air & Heat
- On-Site Laundry
- Local Fitness Club Membership & Transportation
- One Mile from Beach
Questions About Treatment
Our integrative treatment program, based on a five phase “step-down model”, provides a comprehensive continuum of care. The first phase is the most structured and intensive; and each phase thereafter offers more freedom. Each individual moves at his or her own speed through the different levels of the treatment process.
- Partial Hospitalization
- Inpatient Residential Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Transitional Living
Daily program offerings vary and may include:
- Relapse Prevention
- Group Processing
- Feelings and Emotions
- Understanding the 12-Steps
- Family Issues
- Image-of-Self Counseling
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Music and Art Therapy
- Nutrition for Sobriety
- Chi Kong
These plans, developed through the collaborative efforts of The Delray Recovery Center’s experienced and dedicated team of psychiatrists, therapists, and physicians, may consist of group counseling sessions, individual counseling sessions, holistic therapy, 12-step workshops, life skills workshops, educational seminars and other therapeutic offerings to enhance the recovery experience and increase the chances of success in sobriety.
Similarly, the duration of treatment may be different for each individual. At The Delray Recovery Center’s transitional living facility, individuals are welcome to stay even after having completed the program. This allows each person time to develop confidence in their sobriety and coping techniques needed for the transition from rehab to daily life in society.
At The Delray Recovery Center, we believe that family involvement is a significant part of the recovery process. Family members will have contact with the primary therapist, may be included in select counseling sessions, and are encouraged to attend programs for family members including:
- Education on the nature of addiction
- Relapse prevention tools
- Coping skills
- Information on co-dependency and how to break damaging enabling patterns
- Ongoing communication with the primary therapist treating individual
- Family therapy sessions
- Introduction to Al-Anon and other nationwide support groups
Aftercare and Long-Term Success
For an individual who has suffered multiple relapses, the customized treatment program may include a rigorous focus on relapse prevention, intense individual therapy sessions, and a commitment to a 90 day treatment program combined with transitional living and outpatient care beyond the 90 days.
Recognizing this crucial challenge in an individual’s recovery, The Delray Recovery Center’s aftercare provides unmatched support as the individual leaves campus and integrates back into society. Evening groups, recovery workshops, and individual therapy sessions are some of the options that the individual and primary counselor will consider as part of the customized aftercare program.
New Horizons, our affiliated transitional living community, provides spacious, comfortable apartment living and welcomes recovering individuals to stay even after the treatment has ended. Furthermore, active alumni groups from The Delray Recovery Center facilitate the creation and preservation of friendships with program colleagues and individuals who completed the program months or years ago.